At Gilca we have invested in the latest CAD systems to aid in the creation, Modification, analysis or optimization of specific design.
Combined with state of the art converting equipment we can improve quality of design and implement an improved data base for any manufacturing process required.
Our CAD System implements and separates each specific design created to guarantee the current component every time maximizing efficiency from inception to competition of every part supplied.
SpaceClaim is the latest innovative CAD Software available. A Perfect fit for todays technically demanding markets.
See attached video or click on the below link for further information.
We have invested in the latest allows for Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) converting equipment.
This includes multi-headed water jet cutting, travelling head press and packaging equipment.
In tandem with state of the art CAD design each component is produced with total accuracy and full optimization of materials, whatever the size and orientation.
Being vertically integrated, Gilca offers a full service production capability from design to completion of each components.
Every customer can be assured that every component leaves Gilca using the latest technology available giving consistency, accuracy and quality on time, every time.
Instead of routing by hand, our tool paths are controlled via computer numerical control.
Our computer numerical control (CNC) router is a computer-controlled cutting machine, used for cutting various hard materials, such as composites, plastics, and foams. Gilca’s machine can simulate a panel saw, spindle moulding, and boring; they can also cut mortises and tenons; and even 3D engraving.
The Gilca router typically produces consistent and high-quality work and improves factory productivity. Our router can produce a one-off as effectively as repeated identical production. Its benefits include automation, precision, reduction of waste and errors, and the time the finished product takes to get to the customer.
With our discrete production manufacturing, routing of an order—from when it is placed until it is finalized— is an important step or series of steps. With discrete production, an item is produced when your shop order is created or as a requirement to replenish inventory; Gilca will lead you through every step of the way.
Simplicity of design and function allows for fast turnaround of every component.
From simple to complex design, any profile can be input from a DXF file etc. straight into the machine or the on-board CNC software can be programmed by the User interface on the machine.
With non-abrasive system water purity is optimized and there is no dust residue, giving a clean and contamination free component every time. Good for you and importantly good for the environment.
Grade and finished of the material. Increase the output on the machine if required. The large bed (3.2 M x 2.2 M) accommodates most sheets sizes.
Water jet cutting produces exact, sharp finishes, including corners which on alternative cutting system can leave radius’s corners and misshaped finishers.
- No heat distortion or internal stresses develop
- No tooling costs. (Small setup charge)
- Twin head cutting for duplicate parts
- Tight nesting of parts into material minimise wastage
- Profile thick materials (approx 250 mm)
- Tight tolerance (±0.2 mm)
- Allows for detailed design thanks to small jet diameter
- Leadtime normally within 21 days
Pure waterjet cutting is proven beneficial compare to traditional methods
Rubber, foam, plastics and soft materials
Cutting soft materials like rubber, foam and plastics there is no need for abrasives and the pure water jet cutting process (PWJ) is a priority alternative. There are many advantages of using water-only waterjets to cut foam, rubber, insulation and plastics versus the traditional cutting methods of shearing, die cutting or hot wire cutting.
- Ability to use common cut lines – When cutting with water-only, the stream of high-pressure water is very narrow which results in a very small kerf. WJ cuts rapidly with very narrow cuts of 0.1 mm. As a result, multiple shapes on a sheet can be cut with shared edges to save production time and material.
- Ability to stack material – allows operators the ability to stack material prior to waterjet cutting. There is less of a difference in cut from top to bottom with a waterjet because there is no compression of material like there is in other methods like die cutting.
- Excellent for prototyping – Water-only waterjet cutting allows operators to prototype a part easily and quickly. In a matter of minutes, you can go from a drawing to a CNC file to cut a part without expensive dies or complex methods. This allows for changes to an existing cutting process without paying for expensive dies or machine changes.
- Flexible tooling system – Many traditional methods of cutting harder durometer materials all the way to spongy, soft materials are only capable of simple cuts. For complex shapes, dies are often purchased but they are expensive and not easily modified. Waterjet machines are versatile cutting solutions that does not require any added tooling costs to produce parts.
- Does not affect the intrinsic properties of the material – One of the most important advantages of waterjet cutting is that there is no heat affected zone (HAZ) commonly found in hot wire cutting.
Gilca Offers Automated bagging for a variety of components.
From Concept to completion our staff can offer advise on the best solution for your finished packaged product.
We will evaluate every job based on a combined 80 years experience.
NEW Gilca offers vacuum packing which shrinks products to a fraction of it original size , minimizing transport cost and storage costs.
A new range of super adhesive tapes is now available that rivals 3M.